We, at BRITISH LEARNING AND ACCESSORIES PVT. LTD. herein referred to as BRITISH LEARNING and our affiliated companies worldwide, are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us, in-line with the applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Personal information (PI) - means any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. In particular using a common identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person or any other piece of information as per applicable laws and regulations.
We collect information about you or your usage to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Many of our services require you to register/sign up for an account on BRITISH LEARNING when you do, we will ask for personal information, such as, but not limited to your name, email address and telephone number to create/update your account.
- To provide you additional services, we may collect your profile information such as, but not limited to education background, work experience, date of birth.
- We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them such as, but not limited to log information and location information.
- We may collect your personal information such as but not limited to bank details, passport details to assist for study abroad program which includes services like Letter of recommendation, student profile and student visa.
- When you communicate with BRITISH LEARNING or its Application or use the BRITISH LEARNING platform to communicate with other Members (such as advertisers, colleges/ institutes, etc.), we collect information about your communication and any other additional information you choose to provide.
CERTIFICATIONS AND ONLINE COURSES
We do not make any claims whatsoever of being a university or a college either in India, UK or any other country. We are not empowered by University Grants Commission or any other Government body to issue by any Degrees or Diplomas. The Certifications or Diplomas are issued as a Company in the Company’s personal capacity. Recognitions and Affiliations may be limited to specific courses only.
PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
BRITISH LEARNING may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
- Our automated systems analyse your content to provide you customised search results, recommendations and specific promotions and offers.
- Send alerts and newsletter(s) to you (Provided you subscribe to the same. To unsubscribe, please visit your account settings).
- Improving our website and its content to provide better features and services.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions.
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes) in any jurisdiction, identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks.
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
BRITISH LEARNING may provide information, including Personal Information, that ‘BRITISH LEARNING collects on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which BRITISH LEARNING maintains its Web site and mailing lists. BRITISH LEARNING will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on BRITISH LEARNING behalf.
BRITISH LEARNING does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties unless such transfer is required for providing relevant services or for purposes legal purposes.
When you are in a relationship with BRITISH LEARNING your personal information may be transferred to geographies outside India, for the purposes mentioned in this policy or to their local service providers for support in the pursuance of such purposes. Transfers outside India are covered by standard data protection laws.
BRITISH LEARNING makes no representations or warranties regarding how your information is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend that you review the privacy statement of each third-party site linked from Our Site to determine their use of your personal information.
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information in order to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products or services.
BRITISH LEARNING does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except:
1. to provide products or services you've requested,
2. when we have your permission,
3. or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with BRITISH LEARNING under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help BRITISH LEARNING communicate with you about offers from ‘BRITISH LEARNING and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We share your personal information with colleges or educational institutions, etc. based on your browsing behaviour or expression of interest regarding courses, specializations and institutions who may further contact you.
- BRITISH LEARNING displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving for example, women aged 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- BRITISH LEARNING does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- BRITISH LEARNING advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- BRITISH LEARNING works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services, please refer the section “Third party services” of this policy.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information processed by BRITISH LEARNING are kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information are processed in line with legal, regulatory, contractual or statutory obligations as applicable.
At the expiry of such periods, your personal information will be archived to comply with legal/contractual retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods.
Personalisation of services
To the extent permitted by law, BRITISH LEARNING may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Data is important to us and BRITISH LEARNING has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as BRITISH LEARNING. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in India to protect personal information about you. We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules made there under to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy.
BRITISH LEARNING operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. BRITISH LEARNING monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about BRITISH LEARNING in order to improve its products and services. Please note that you must not communicate with BRITISH LEARNING through such social media sites the following information:
- Sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number ;
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals.
BRITISH LEARNING is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. BRITISH LEARNING is only responsible for its own use of the personal data received through such sites.
BRITISH LEARNING reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification.
BRITISH LEARNING shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user's account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise. BRITISH LEARNING does not store any Credit / Debit card details.
Any other personal information shared by you which is not asked by BRITISH LEARNING during registration, either mandatorily or optionally; accounts to wilful and intentional furnishing and BRITISH LEARNING will not be liable for breach of such information.